WELCOME TO PORTOBELLO GOLD.
WE ARE NOW FULLY OPEN WITH THREE EXTRA ROOMS.
THIS SITE IS STILL AWAITING NEW ROOM INFORMATION AND PICTURES, BUT OUR BOOKING SYSTEM HAS ALL THE ROOMS AVAILABLE. CLICK ON "BOOK A ROOM" FOR AVAILABILITY.
PORTOBELLO GOLD IS NOT A HOTEL AS SUCH.
STRICTLY SPEAKING IT IS A GUESTHOUSE OR "INN"
* There is a new reception desk on the first floor.
* There is no all-night reception, but the floor staff will always help up until the midnight hour.
* There is no room service, unless by prior arrangement and at a small extra charge.
* There may be a stall outside the front hotel door (we are in the middle of the market) which means that you will probably have to come and go through the bar during the day.
ON THE PLUS SIDE (hotel features include)
* There is always a "caretaker" on the premises
* We also have an excellent restaurant and the kitchen are au fait with any dietry requirements you may have - Gluten-free, nut-free, calorie counting etc
* You can also avail yourself of our laundry service, by arrangement with the housekeeper.
* Continental breakfast is included including freshly-squeezed orange juice and a full "coffee shop" experience!
THE ONLINE AVAILABILITY AND BOOKING SYSTEM IS NOW UP AND RUNNING
Please bear in mind, if you do need to speak to us prior to booking (020 7460 4910), please try to do so before 11am or between 3-4pm (GMT) and, please - try not to call on a Saturday after 11am, because we may not be able to talk if the bar and restaurant are busy.
Facilities with every room:
- Shower, WC and washbasin in every room. The rooftop room also has a 6ft bath but only has a hand shower.
- TV. Some rooms have HDMI sockets to enable you to plug in your devices and view on the TV. These rooms also have charging sockets if you forget your charger.
- All major cards taken
- VAT (UK tax) is included
- Broadband internet access is free to hotel guests
- Conservatory/Garden restaurant (mainly seafood and vegetarian).Best traditional English Sunday roasts
- Award-winning wine list
- On Portobello Rd (where "Notting Hill" was filmed)
- Continental breakfast and full coffee service.
- If bookings are made one month in advance or you are booking through our online booking form then the figures in yellow apply.
- Childs play pen/cot available at £10 extra per night
- Room service available (10% extra. Rooftop service 15% extra)
- Room 4 only has the capacity for a fold-out day-bed for one person at an extra £10 per night.
London's weather can be tricky at the best of times, so click here before packing!
Terms & Conditions
- Rates are per room per night and inclusive of tax (VAT. 20%)
- Your VALID credit card will not be charged unless stated and only be used as a guarantee of your arrival.
- Full payment will be taken by the hotel at time of arrival or departure from your hotel.
- Payments by cheque, bacs, and the following cards:
- Visa Debit / Delta, Visa Credit, Maestro / Switch, Mastercard - no charge.
American Express - a charge of 2%.
- Card charges will be added when a payment is made.
- A deposit of 30% of the booking total is required.
This deposit will be refunded if cancelled more than 3 days before arrival.
Full booking balance is due on the day of arrival.
- If the booking is cancelled less than 3 days before arrival then a charge equal to 30% of the stay will be made.
- In the event of a no show or booking reduction (after arrival date) a charge of the first 2 nights will be taken and the remaining amount will be refunded.